Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August

It's been a while since our last post. Congress went on recess; who can complain? They should go on recess more often. Maybe they'd actually stop spending money and get the country's finances in check. I say the federal government should have every other month off for recess. What's the point of having OUR representatives(representing OUR opinions) away in Washington missing what their constituents have to say?

A few comments on everything that has happened recently.

- Lockerbie bomber - Should have stayed in his jail cell in the UK. My heart go out to the victims' families of the plane bombing, all 270 of them.

- Health Care - I enjoy seeing what's happening at the town hall meetings. It's great to see the faces of the congressmen and women when they actually get questioned on what they're doing. The health care bill is around 1000 pages and uses jargon that only a few can understand. How in the world can these congressmen and women speak like they know the bill? It's not like any of them have actually read it. I wish I could have done what the politicians are doing when I was in school...skip all the reading and tell my teacher that it was just too long and I needed to make quick decisions on the questions that go along with the book. It's all a sham. Scrap the health care bill! Introduce a tort reform bill to drive down health insurance costs. Oh, by the way, for health care being so unaffordable, I just signed up for a $42/month plan with an insurance company. Even being unemployed, I can manage to pay that.

- Ted Kennedy - Growing up, I was always told that your real character is shown by what you do when no one is watching. What did Kennedy do when no one was watching? He let Mary Jo Kopechne suffocate to death in a trapped car underwater by first driving the car into the water and then leaving the scene to sleep the accident off at his hotel. He never notified any authorities. Enough said.

- Clash for Clunkers - I think the government should stop subsidizing items. They're giving money to people to buy their own products....GM cars. Too bad for them more foreign cars were bought. It does prove, however, that when you give the people money or incentives, the people will take advantage of that...... tax cuts.

- President Obama - He plays quite a bit of golf. Pushing 20 times now since he's been inaugurated. What did the media say when George W. Bush played a round here and there? Nothing good if I recall.

- Dick Cheney - No qualms with what he's saying. I support the CIA. Attorney General Holder needs to go into his office and quit fighting the CIA.

- Gov. Sanford - Shut up and resign.

I should be updating this a little more often from now on. Stay tuned for some sustainable posts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment