Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's an amazing day here...76 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and a light breeze to liven things up.
The garden enjoyed last night's rain shower but it surely wasn't enough to make up for the severe lack of precipitation otherwise. Although it is September and I expect a cooling off and a general slowing down of life...I did not expect to have a yard covered in leaves. The heat and dryness is causing a rapid and somewhat premature death of the leaves on the trees. When I visted St. Louis this past weekend, it was the same story there. Fall is on it's way!

Since the veggies in the garden are worn out, and the fall crops of lettuce and beets that I planted are no where near ready to harvest...I am left with little to do. Some dead-heading of the zinnias, grabbing a few tomatoes, and beholding the beauty of it all are about the only things I've been doing lately. Hope you are getting a chance to enjoy your garden and life as we all get ready to slow things down.

2 comments:

  1. hi, excelnet blog


    juan manuel galeano
    http://hotelmompos.ucoz.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article gives us very interesting knowledge. I like it.ufabet

    ReplyDelete