Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Soggy Peppers

It's been four days since I've worked on any gardening...
The last thing that was planted were the peppers, and I probably shouldn't have even been in there for that.  The weather was perfect for transplanting, but the ground was still rather soggy.  I planted eight pepper plants in all.  I have three green sweet bell plants, three red sweet bells, one black Hungarian, and one Corno di Toro, a sweet Italian pepper.  I am anticipating plenty of salsa, stuffed peppers, and stir fry!

So beside the soggy pepper planting, I continue to weed and thin.  I'm sure it will be quite the mini-jungle by the time I can get back out there.  But, honestly, weedng is rather enjoyable.  Maybe it's feeling like I'm helping to protect and nourish another living thing that I like.  Or maybe it's because the repetitive movements and fresh air put your mind into a trance-like state.  Either way, I've determined that rather than dread the inevitable work of weeding that comes when trying to be "all natural", I can look forward to the many days I will spend hunched over with my hands in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment